Brokerpoint – your worldwide online broker
Brokerpoint Finding Short Stock
Discover the possibilities included in the “Short Stock Availability Tool”. You find it in the customer portal. It is updated on a daily basis and is part of Brokerpoint’s lend and advance system of shares.
Use the following functions:
- Get access to the available amount, the number of lenders and the current lending fee (i. e. the fee that is granted by a trader on the day he is prepared to close a deal).
- Get information on historic and indicative interest rates.
- Select short stock according to symbol and stock exchange or rather ISIN or CUSIP number as well as bonds that can be sold short in compliance with your credit ratings.
- Place a collective inquiry in order to identify the availability of several short stock bonds at the same time.
- Download country-sorted lists of bonds offered for short selling.
Our Partner: No 1 in the category best trading platform – 5 from 5 stars
Availability of Bonds
The survey of bonds available for short sale is not binding and can change any time. Every short stock order must be approved by IBKR.
IB customers executing their transactions only via IB but do not use IB als clearing broker or desposit keeper can click here, in order to open a list of Market Participant Identifiers (MPIDs) which must be entered with the short stock orders.